Moab, Even more of Moab

Delicate Arch

Delicate Arch

There is just sooooo much to do around this area. The past few days we found lots more things to amuse ourselves with.  After getting haircuts in town, Kim and Steph spent another day in Arches.  They took a 3 mile roundtrip trek to see Delicate Arch, one of the most famous and most photographed in the park.  It was also, by far, the most impressive.  After a few short jaunts to Sand Dune Arch and Broken Arch (1 mile) they took their ranger guided tour of the Fiery Furnance (1.5 miles).  It was worth the ten bucks!  Julianna, the ranger, did a nice job of pointing out geologic and historic features, while guiding the group through rock scrambles  and thin ledges in the furnace.  They ended their journey with a short hike to see the North and South Window Arches and Turret Arch (1 mile).  It was a jam packed day.

While they played in the park, Chris took yet another great ride on his motorcycle.  He followed the southeast side of the Colorado, through Harrah’s pass, to the lower part of Canyonlands (Needles). Excellent views the whole ride, combined with challenging terrain, made this his best ride of the trip.

Friday was Steph’s last day and she wanted to get up close and personal with the La Sal Mountains that we have been seeing in the distance the whole time. What better way to do this than on the motorcycles. We all bundled up for the 67 mile roudtrip scenic ride into the elevation.  Steph was a good double up rider, even as we fought the wind and cold.  A relaxing afternoon of scrabble and sun ended our fantabulous week.

6 Responses to “Moab, Even more of Moab”

Have you hired a ghost writer to do your blog? I certainly hope so other wise one of you is talking about themselves in the third person when refering to themselves in this blog, pretty Norman Bates if you ask me.

As to the scarey bunch photo I think you all look adorable, children at play.

Finally to digress not that I ever really stay on any topic too long (it must be my ACDC or whatever the hell you call it in special ed talk)’ Elvis has left the building again, more of the “Mommie Museum” furniture has gone to greener pastures and a new home. Yeh!

Much Love & Hugs

Mom and Chris says hi too 80) 🙂

• admin says:

Hi Mom,

Always a critic… It’s hard to be consistent when there is company. We will try and be gramatically correct in the future:) Hope all is well. I’ll call next week. Steph leaves tomorrow and we will be moving on.

Love you!

2. Bubbs says:

I think now you can understand why this is Sue & my absolute favorite place to visit! I KNEW Chris was going to love riding the White Rim Trail on the bike! Will you be going to The Maze portion of Canyonlands? This is the least visited part of any park in the country. Only a few thousand visit it each year and from what I have heard it is VERY challenging! If you haven’t been there yet (and are still in the area) go up to Dead Horse Park, there is a great view of the river from there and it has a great story behind it. Try to go to Capitol Reef park also, it is right in the same area there. I cant wait to see all of your Moab photos and hear the stories! Did you go to the Moab Brewery? I’m sure you must have. There are also a couple of wineries right there in Moab also. Keep safe guys!
    Peace,
    Bubbs

• admin says:

Hey Scott,

Your right, I could spend alot of time here and not get bored. We are leaving this morning for Capitol Reef. I am hoping to get to the maze portion of Canyonlands from there…we’ll see, still quite a drive. Did we go to the Moab brewery??? Of course! second night here, good beer and food. Even better…Steph treated 🙂 But, we never did make it to the wineries…even drove right by Red Cliffs Winery, but we were on the bikes. Kim is slipping…don’t tell Sue 🙂

Take care,
      Chris

3. Nat and Ted says:

OMG! I think Chris actually typed in a comment!!! I’m going to fall off my chair! Glad you guys had a good week with Steph! The pictures are awesome of course. We miss you both and wish we could meet you again later some time. Well Kim, who won at Scrabble? I noticed that you left out that little detail! Love you both! Nat and Ted

• admin says:

Hey Nat and Ted,

We did have a great week, and yes Chris did actually write a comment. I didn’t want to brag about scrabble, but I got one of my highest scores. The final score was 434 to 234 (there you made me do it). It would be cool if you guys could come out again (you never know). Hope your return to reality was painless and that work is smooth. Our love to you both.