Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico

A view from inside Carlsbad Caverns.

A view from inside Carlsbad Caverns.

Today we were going to stay home relax and get some things done. After Chris checked the football playoff schedule more closely, it made more sense to stay home tomorrow due to the games.  We headed out a little late, about 11, to do the self guided tours at Carlsbad Caverns.  Well… this place definitely takes the cake.  Of all of the caves and caverns we have seen so far there is no comparison.  The self guided tours alone brought you to the most incredible formations, flows, drapes, stalagmites, stalagtites, speleotherms, etc…  The places of interest within the cave are too many to mention.  We had a grand time taking pictures with our mouths agape.  Although some of the pictures did not capture what we were looking for… some did.  We question what else we could possible see on a guided tour but since we have traveled so far to get here, we may just have to check one or two of them out.

On the way home, Chris went out of the way a little to a place that had an abundance of Sotol.  Chris found a cave to explore while Kim set out to “harvest more Sotol”.  Kim better get cracking on those walking sticks.

13 Responses to “Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico”

1. The Nichols says:

I can see it now, Chris & Kim get back to Rochester, Chris never gets another job, and Kim quits her job so they can become New York’s leading Sotol Walking stick manufacturers! I’m guessing that by the time you return here Xerox will have just about pulled out of Webster and you will be able to move your Sotol operation into one of the vacant buildings there. New York is going to be so desparate to create jobs you will probably be able to get a huge grant to start your own Sotol growing farm and in the off apple season there will be plenty of migrant farm woekers looking for something to do! Sounds like a solid buisness plan to me!!!
    Seriously, it’s great to see you keeping up on the blog so diligently so we are all able to live vicariouslt through you both! Continue to have a blast!
    Peace & Love in the New Year!
    Thinking about you often,
    Scott, Sue, Julianna & Alicia

2. admin says:

Sue,

You had us both rotflmao….. Will you be our business manager? So glad to hear from you, hope you had a great holiday. Send our regards to Scott and the girls.

For a small price, we will pass on our walking stick knowledge 🙂

Thinking about all our friends at home often, stay warm,

3. The Nichols says:

Ummm…. actualy it was me, Scott who thought up this idea….. I wouldn’t mind having a side job though if the offer is open to me! 😉

I know I’m pretty much out of the loop or out of this world most of the time, but what the hell does “rotflmao” mean?

“You had us both rotflmao”

Love & Hugs
    Mom

P.S. I could use a job too maybe I could make the organic edible sotol walking sticks, so if you get lost on a hike you always have something to munch on until the mounties arrive.

5. admin says:

Hey Scott,

Sorry… Chris read your comment and for some reason jumped to the conclusion it was Sue. All right, you both will have a place at the plant.

Wishing youall well…

6. admin says:

Hi Mom,

I assume you got my email with the explaination… I like the way you think… you can be in charge of the edible division:)

Love ya,
    Me

7. Natalie Boburka says:

I’d like to see you both wearing mud flaps in all of the pictures. You must avoid Texas rangers at all costs! I have an idea what Christmas presents will be for everyone next year now! I’m trying this phrase out “My friends the Sotol Farmers” and I don’t know if it sounds right yet…..you’d better come back or else! Hopefully we’ll see you in Colorado in April! Love you both! Nat and Ted

8. admin says:

Just got off the phone with you… Congrats on the scrabble win.

I have to admit, we are still trying to come up with a get rich quick scheme so we can stay on the road… Don’t worry we’ll be coming home. I don’t think Sotol farming and walking stick production is the wave of the future.

9. Ethan corona says:

Was rock climbing fun?

10. Brianna B says:

Was the really cold?How heavy is the earth? That bobcat is cute. How has your trip gone so far? What was your reaction when you saw the bobcats?

from,
    Brianna B

11. Brianna B says:

Sorry I meant was the WATER really cold?

12. admin says:

Hi Ethan,

Yes, we love to climb on the rocks!

13. admin says:

Hi Brianna,

Wow, lots of questions… Yes the water was VERY cold. I really don’t know how heavy the earth is… The bobcat was really cute. I was happy we saw them in a zoo. They can be dangerous in the wild even thogh they are cute. The trip is going great so far.